Eudora is free email service available for Windows, Mac, Linux and other operating systems. Since Eudora messages are stored in MBOX format and use the CSV file to store contacts, they cannot be moved directly to Outlook. There are numerous users who leave this Eudora email client and move on to a new and updated email client such as Outlook. Outlook is a simplified and secure email client available to users when purchasing MS Outlook Office Suite.
Users decided to export all data from Eudora to Outlook and are moving towards Outlook because Eudora is developed since 2007 and has stopped providing additional supports to its users.
First of all you need to install Outlook Express on you your system and after that follow these steps one by one to Export emails to Outlook -
• Open "Outlook Express" ⇒ click on "File" menu ⇒ select "Import messages"
• Now you need to select the correct Eudora version
• After that use "Browse" option to locate the path of Eudora data
• Now choose the location to import and then click on Next
• Select the folders to be imported in Outlook Express and hit the "Next" button
• Finally click the "Finish" button
• Now Open Outlook and move to the "File" menu
• Select "Import & Export" ⇒ "Import Internet Mail and Addresses" ⇒ "Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x"
• Check and confirm for the emails to import and then click "Finish" button.
To export Eudora Address book to MS Outlook, first export CSV file which is address book file in Eudora client and then import it into MS Outlook. Follow the simple steps given below–
• Open the email client Eudora Mail
• Go to the Tools menu and then select Address book
• Now go to the file menu and click on Save As option
• Now choose CSV in the File Type and then provide file name as contacts
• Now click on the Save button
• Open Outlook application on your system
• Go to the File menu ⇒ Open & Export ⇒ Import/Export
• Now choose "Import from another program and File"
• Select "Comma Separated Value"
• Now "Browse" CSV file that has been exported from Eudora
• Now just choose "contacts folder" to save CSV file and then click "Finish"
Most of the users finds the manual solution tricky and complicated while using it to export Eudora emails to Outlook. The reason behind this is that you need Outlook Express, its working procedure is very lengthy, and it is also not suitable for a large amount of data. However, you can use this manual technique to export Eudora Address Book to Outlook, as these steps are simple and straightforward.
I hope after reading this article, now users can be able to move their email and address book from Eudora to MS Outlook without immediately losing information and changing the original database.