The question we will discuss in this article is - How to import a PST file in Outlook Web Access? As we already know that Outlook is an efficient email client widely used by a large number of users worldwide. There is no doubt that Outlook desktop application is used regularly by most users, but still many users preferring to use Outlook Web Access (OWA) for email management. Outlook can be accessed through OWA when configured with Exchange Online and Office 365 application. This way, Outlook Users can open an Outlook Online application for managing email on an Office 365 account.
Whenever any user wants to import PST to Outlook Web Access, they often cannot find a suitable method for it. So here we are going to show you some easiest and fast solution to import from PST to Outlook Web Access. Before going to the solution, let us first discuss this given scenarios –
In the first situation, PST file is locally saved on the system so users can use Microsoft AzCopy Tool to move PST in Exchange Online account.
In the second situation, users are required to first of all export mailbox data into PST file format with the use of Import/Export Wizard.
• Open Outlook Application on your system and Click on File option.
• Now click on "Open & Export" Option and select "Import / Export" Wizard.
• Here, select "Export to a File" option and after that select Outlook (.pst) file format.
• Select the Mailboxes Items and Sub Folder that you wish to import in an Office 365 application.
• Browse location to save the resulted PST File in the local system
• At last click on "Finish" button to start the export process.
When you complete these steps, the PST file is stored locally on your system. You can try the network upload method, if you want to import a PST file into Outlook Web App. The whole process is divided into the following parts.
• First, need to open the, https://protection.office.com
• Provide Credentials of Microsoft Office 365 to access it.
• Once you entered correct credentials, select "Security & Compliance Center” ⇒ “Data governance” ⇒ “Import”.
• Now Open Import Wizard and Click on "New Import Job" option and provide a unique name with lower case and hyphens.
• Now you need to select "Upload you Data" option.
• Now click on "Azure AzCopy" option to download the latest Azure AzCopy Tool
• Now run this tool so that, we can import PST files into Outlook Web App
• Now Run Command Prompt and add: AzCopy.exe /Source: /Dest: /V: /Y
Now run the above command to open PST file into Outlook Web Access. You can view the similar path in below image:
The PST file is now added to the Azure location from where we need to go to Office 365. To do this, we need to create a CSV file with the PST file user mailboxes. This newly created CSV file is required when creating an import job.
• Finally, check the options "I upload my files" and "I have access to the mapping file".
• On the next screen, you need to add the created CSV file with the option "Select Map File". When the CSV file was successfully verified, the analysis process began to prepare the data for migration to the Office 365 environment.
• Once the analysis process completes, a prompt screen appears with a different option – "Yes I want to filter it before importing" and "No I want to import everything".
• If you want to import full mailbox data into Office 365 that can be accessed via OWA, select the second option. After the process is complete, open the Office 365 application to view the output PST file and now use OWA to access it.
Now you have already seen that the above solution is a long process because it involves a lot of steps. Even downloading various tools to move and check details is very difficult task and Administrator should have experience on these tools so that any errors can be faced easily. Therefore if you want to come out from all these issues, use Softmagnat PST to Office 365 Migration tool.