We live in a world where every minute is precious for us. Therefore nowadays Email has become important part of people as it helps us to communicate with large number of people around the globe from anywhere at any time. Hotmail is a web-based email client that is freely available and is used by most users. But at the same time, it has many more users who prefer to use desk-top based email clients, of which Windows Live Mail is one of the popular free email clients for Windows users. Nowadays there are a lot of users who are switching to Windows Live Mail, so if you also have any questions in your mind related to exporting Hotmail email to Windows Live Mail, then this article can be very useful for you, because in this article, we are going to discuss a step-by-step procedure for transferring emails from Hotmail to WLM account.
Now you just need to follow the step by step procedure to transfer emails from Hotmail to Windows Live Mail account:
• Login to Hotmail account first
• Click the gear button in the upper corner of window
• After that, choose Settings from the drop-down menu
• Click View all Outlook Settings
• In the next step, navigate to Mail
• Then, choose Sync emails option
• Click the Save button at the top of the screen
• Now, when you run Windows Live Mail, the Add Email Account dialog box automatically appears. (If it does not show, or if you already set up email account aside from Hotmail)
• Click Add email account button in Windows Live Mail
• Under the E-mail address, enter all the credentials i.e., email address and password.
(By default, Windows Live Mail will remember Hotmail password, but you can uncheck Remember password checkbox)
• The last field, provide Display Name, whom you want to appear for the recipients. The could be anything, and does not have to match your Hotmail address
(Your choice of display name does not affect Outlook.com account itself, only emails you send via Hotmail from Windows Live Mail)
• Click Next button, and you can complete setup your Hotmail account. If WLM can connect to Hotmail successfully
• After that, Windows Live Mail will ask for some server details to connect with Hotmail account.
• Click Next button, once the setup your Hotmail account is completed.
(If WLM might be able to successfully connect to Hotmail, you will get a confirmation message as mentioned below)
• Finally click the finish button to close the process.
After following all the above steps, you can easily configure your Hotmail in Windows Live Mail. But, through this, you can only use Hotmail email in Windows Live Mail. This method will not work for contacts and calendars. In this case, you can use a trusted automated solution, that is, the Softmagnat Hotmail Backup Tool, to complete the task.
• Launch this software on your Windows System
• Enter your Hotmail account “email address & password” to login
• Select the EML option to transfer Hotmail emails to Windows Live Mail
• Now, browse a location to save emails in WLM format.
• Finally click Start button to transfer emails from Hotmail to WLM successfully
Here in this article, we have explained each and every steps of both manual as well as automated solution process. Now users are free to choose any method to transfer their emails from Hotmail to Windows Live Mail account. But there is a point to be noted that manual process is more risky then the automated solution as in manual process a minor mistake can ruin the whole process and it may creates chances of data loss anytime.