Users may have various reasons for extracting Outlook contacts for VCF, CSV and MSG formats. It does not matter what reasons users have. We will discuss these reasons later in this blog, but the solution we are going to provide in this post will be very helpful for you in completing the Outlook Contact Extraction process in a accurate way.
How to Extract Contacts from Outlook PST?
There are various manual solutions available for the users to extract contacts from Outlook PST file. you can extract Outlook contacts to VCF, CSV, or MSG format.
Steps to extract contacts from Outlook PST to VCF –
- First open MS Outlook, and move to the People section (Given on the bottom of the Outlook)
- Now select the contact that you wish to export
- Now click the File tab and select the Save As option
- Here select the location and choose vCard file option under the Save as Type
- Finally press the save button to save the file
Steps to Export Contacts from PST to CSV –
- First of all open your Outlook application, and move to the File menu
- Now you need to click Open & Import option and then choose Import/Export
- Now in Import and Export wizard, select option – Export to a file
- Choose CSV file option and move next
- Now in Export to a file wizard, select contacts option and click Next
- Now here you need to enter the name of the file and CSV in Save as Type
- After that click OK to start the process
- Wait for the process to complete and press Finish button.
Reasons to Extract Outlook PST Contacts to VCF and CSV
As we already know that MS Outlook is a widely used e-mail client that manages all emails, attachments, assignments, contacts, calendars, etc. in a PST file format. On the other side, VCF and CSV are popular formats for storing contacts and transferring Outlook PST contacts to CSV or VCF file formats. Users can easily import Outlook contacts from multiple email clients, email servers and digital devices. MS Outlook only supports PST file, which is why it becomes difficult for users to easily share contacts with it. But when you extract your Outlook contacts into CSV and VCF files, it can be quite easy for you to share Outlook contacts and extends across multiple platforms.
Professional Solution to Extract PST Contacts without Outlook
If you can’t find a convenient solution for you because, MS Outlook is not installed on your system. You save contacts in PST files. It is then difficult for the user to extract contacts using the manual method from PST files. In this case, users can go for a professional solution. One such reliable solution is the Softmagnat PST file converter, which intelligently transfers all contacts from Outlook to many other formats such as CSV, VCF and MSG. The program easily exports Outlook contacts to CSV and other file formats, does not interfere with the original details. Further you can also add multiple PST files to the software panel to extract contacts from it. By checking all contact previews, you can smoothly export PST contacts in VCF, CSV and MSG formats in short period of times.
We have discussed software that has a trial version with which you can easily evaluate the software functions in a few minutes, using yourself. The software solution is recommended to use as it is safe and fast compared to the manual solution. Additionally, MS Outlook installation is not required to extract contacts from PST to CSV, VCF, and MSG.