Last Updated on
Microsoft Exchange Server is a very effective and powerful email server which put together Exchange Storage Engine (ESE) as well as security information stored to provide smooth email communication. While dealing with the intrinsic Exchange Server database, you can notice that information stored actually has .stm and .edb files. In addition, Exchange Server considers default mailbox database as Priv1.stm and Priv1.edb files.
On the other side, Pub1.stm and Pub1.edb files store all the emails related to default public store. When it comes to .edb file entity, it is ESE database which stores MAPI messages and important email attachments.
How Pub1.edb is damaged by Jet Engine Error or Exchange Dirty Shutdown State?
Exchange admins are used to go through several events where Exchange Server cannot perform standard shutdown. Here are some of the reasons –
- Unexpected system failure due to lack of power backup
- Constant errors on hard drive sectors
- Dirty system shutdown on email restoration process
There are different reasons behind inefficient shutdown. You also have to understand the intricacies which are involved at deepest level of Exchange database. When any of the given reasons take place, Exchange Server database cannot isolate itself from streams of transaction logs which impacts integrity and consistency of database. If you restart the services of Exchange Server, server seeks missing log files at this instance. If it goes missing, it creates the situation of Exchange server corruption.
Let’s check out the other serious possibility, i.e. jet engine errors and its effect on Exchange database. Exchange Jet Engine errors take place due to software or hardware crashes, which can affect Exchange database at various levels. Here are some of the common damages resulted from Jet engine error –
- Jet Database engine
- Exchange Server information storage
- Exchange Server file system
The security of both Private and Public EDB mailboxes is compromised in the above cases. At lowest level of Exchange database, corruption also brings adverse effects as we go deeper in Exchange information storage. Along with it, you cannot deny the risk of Pub1.edb file corruption It needs smart and proactive troubleshooting to recover all email files.
How to fix Pub1.edb File after Severe Crashes?
When it comes to fix Pub1.edb files, you need to recover the whole Exchange information storage with command line prompt. You can easily interact with detailed functionalities of Exchange Storage Engine with disaster recovery commands. Here are the steps to fix corrupt or damaged Pub1.edb file.
- Inspect the Exchange Server error carefully and act well.
- Stop Exchange information store process and go to bin folder with command interface
- Input command “eseutil /mh ..\mdbdata\priv1.edb” at command line “C:\exchsrvr\bin>.” Now press Enter.
- Check State of Exchange database and figure out if it is clean or not.
- If you have any problem, perform soft recovery when you export the folder to the location of log files.
- Hit the command “C:\Program Files\exchsrvr\BIN\eseutil” /r E00” at the path C:\Program Files\exchsrvr\MDBDATA>.
- If nothing happens after applying the above command, it’s time to perform hard recovery.
- At the command line “C:\Program Files\exchsrvr\MDBDATA>” enter the command – C:\Program Files\exchsrvr\BIN\eseutil” /p pub1.edb.
- Discard .chk and Temp.edb files with log files on MDBDATA folder.
- Mount and dismount Exchange Server Database and stop Exchange information store process.
- Defragment Public EDB mailboxes with this command – C:\Program Files\exchsrvr\BIN>eseutil /d “C:\Program Files\exchsrvr\MDBDATA\pub1.edb”
- Fix the Isinteg.exe with this command – C:\Program Files\exchsrvr\BIN>isinteg -s (servername) -fix -test alltests.
- Close command prompt and restart Exchange Server to start recovery of Pub1.edb corrupt files.
When your Exchange database is affected by jet engine errors and most critical dirty system shutdown, you won’t have to be worried if you are unable to recover vital email items even after conducting soft and hard recovery process. You need to download the reliable and professional Exchange Server Recovery tool to fix all .edb files including Private and Public files in such cases.
Exchange Server Recovery Software
Exchange Server Recovery tool has been designed well as an excellent solution to remove all severe errors in Exchange Server. It helps you to fix Priv1.edb and Pub1.edb mailboxes without affecting its structure, properties and formatting. This tool is planned well to have great migration options like Exchange EDB to PST, Public Folders, Office 365, Archive Mailboxes and Live Exchange Server. It works well with MS Outlook 2019, Windows 10, and MS Exchange Server 2019.