It is always best to use Outlook for email communication. Outlook is one of the best email clients to serve the users. If there is a mistake, it shows error code. In MS Outlook, PST is the most vital file which has all the data. If Outlook is unable to access PST file, it generates error code 0x80040116. It is very hard to work in case of PST file corruption. So, it is vital to look for the best way to fix Outlook PST error code 0x80040116. This code refers to several PST file issues like –
- PST file is unable to access
- Receiving and sending reported error
- Exchange Server error
As there are several possible reasons but if you know the actual cause of Outlook PST error, you can avoid the same.
Causes behind Outlook PST error 0x80040116
- Poor shutdown of the system
- If there is corrupt header file in PST
- Bulk recovery of Outlook Mailbox
These reasons could be known as Outlook PST error 0x80040116. Here are the methods to fix Outlook PST Error code 0x80040116.
Using ScanPST.Exe tool to Scan PST files
MS Outlook offers inbuilt tool named scanpst.exe which is installed at the time of installation of Office package. This free tool can repair errors in MS Outlook and make PST file work. The PST tool location varies as per the Outlook version which is installed. So, it is wise to choose the path of Outlook PST according to Outlook version.
- Now add Outlook PST file and click scan
- Click on Scanpst.exe to launch this tool
- The tool will search for errors in Outlook PST file and repair them
- Open PST file once the process is finished
- Restart MS Outlook and check for the problem to be fixed
Create your new Outlook Account
If there is still an error, it is always better to create new Outlook profile and PST –
- Simply go to Start and click Control Panel
- Select the option to see as Small icons and click mail icon
- It will open mail set up wizard and click on ‘Show Profiles’ tab
- Click on Properties and Data files.
- It will open the data files wizard and click on “Set as Default”
- It will show Outlook data file
- Create a new profile
- Click on email tab and click New
- Click “Add New Account” and it will open setup wizard
- Enter your email, name, password and proceed next
- After creating profile, select “Always use this profile”
- Close all the Windows and Restart PC
- Start Outlook and it will open without errors.
These tips will help you to repair Outlook PST file error but sometimes it will not work. Manual tips sometimes did not work. If you are still facing the error, I would suggest you to use the free trial version of Outlook PST Repair tool. Free version allow you to repair corrupt pst file and show you all the recoverable.