Sometimes OST file shows unexpected error which chills down to your spine. It happens most of the time because of deleting user account, virus attack and hardware failure which shows errors in Exchange Server. In order to avoid this issue, users recover or repair of files with third-party tools. These tools often work well but all of them are not reliable.
With the advancement in technology, Microsoft has brought up-to-date diagnostic and repair tool with MS Outlook. Each version comes with its own options and functionality to diagnose the error. Microsoft provides a different tool to fix issues in OST files. The company also don’t recommend OST repair all the time as it may affect the data. So, it is better to recreate OST files with the following steps –
- Close the MS Outlook application.
- Open Mail from Control Panel.
- Click “Email Accounts” in Mail Setup”.
- On “Data Files” tab, choose “Exchange Account” by launching “Open File Location”.
- A platform is opened for Exchange Account in the file explorer. In the file explorer, the Mail Setup and Account Settings will remain open.
- Close Mail Setup and Account Settings dialog boxes.
- Access exchange data file from File Explorer and click Delete.
- Restart the MS Outlook to recreate an OST file.
When followed in ideal order, the solution is likely to work. If any complex issue takes place in the field, it is better to use a professional tool. You can use OST to PST converter which can easily deal with OST issues despite the platform. It is known to have user-friendly interface which is customized for the beginners and it can be easier for all users. To evaluate these features before buying them, it is better to use trial version. If it works as per your needs, you may buy the full licensed version.